Google
 

Friday, June 13, 2008

Table Talk Me-me


I have been tagged for countless me-mes over the past few months and I didn’t ever get down to looking at them, let alone do anything about them.


I’m going to start clearing the huge pile by taking one baby step at a time. I was tagged by Nandita of Saffron Trail sometime in May and so here goes:

What’s your favourite table?
The two's table! Or is it 5? No, 10. Oh, you mean that table. I think it must be that study table I have had for ages now.


What would you have for your last supper?

My mother’s pizza with all the toppings.


What’s your poison?

Water. I think I can drown in the amount I drink!


Name your three desert island ingredients.

Lots of water
Maggi Noodles with a stove and vessel
Britannia Bourbon (a girl’s got to have her dessert, you know!)


What would you put in Room 101?

Nothing really. It does have its own occasional visitors, but no permanent residents.


Which book gets you cooking?

Of late, it has been a book called “Favorite Vegetarian Dishes”. But any book with great pictures is enough to get me started.

What’s your dream dinner party line-up?

Friends & family.


What was your childhood teatime treat?

Amma’s Rava Vadai


What was your most memorable meal?
Eating rasam rice and potato curry with Sachin at home the day after he proposed to me. My apartment felt like “home” and we truly felt like a couple, sitting at the dining table and eating home cooked tambram food.


What was your biggest food disaster?

Attempting to make fruit buns from a Dalda Cook Book when I was in class 4 and making chikkis from some random cookbook in class 5.


What’s the worst meal you’ve ever had?

I was to meet a friend at a restaurant for lunch in Hyderabad but she insisted I come to her aunt’s place as the aunt had cooked her favourite dishes. The menu had mor kuzhambu, rasam, beans paruppu usli, potato curry and rice. Each dish was worse than the one that preceded it and what I was able to eat and “enjoy” was the curd rice with Priya pickles and the custard apple that we ended the meal with. (If people can’t cook, they shouldn’t invite others over.)


Who’s your food hero/food villain?

My mom and Tarla Dalal: biggest heroes.


Nigella or Delia?

Haven’t watched/read Delia. Have watched Nigella’s shows and bought her book recently. So, there’s no comparison really. I’ll update this after I’ve watched Delia’s show.


Vegetarians: genius or madness?

Depends on the circumstances.


Fast food or fresh food?

Fresh and fast. That's my mantra.


Who would you most like to cook for?
My family and friends.


What would you cook to impress a date?

Pasta and apple pie.


Make a wish.

May everyone in this world eat well and live well. Life is so short to suffer it through.


Let me tag some girls that went on a virtual marathon with me recently:

1. Srivalli of Cooking 4 all Seasons

2. Bhags of Crazy Curry

3. Ranji of Ranji's Kitchen Corner

4. DK of Culinary Bazaar

5. Lakshmi of The Yum Blog

6. Siri of Siri's Corner

7. Swati of Chat Khor

8. Divya Vikram of Dil Se

9. Arundathi of Arundathi's Food Blog.

2 comments:

Srivalli said...

Class 4 & 5!!!...my daughter is seriously threatening to be like this!..looking at how you have grown up to be, I should consider allowing her!

Arundathi said...

what's your favorite table? what kind of question is that?!
um.. thanks for the tag!